December 05, 2013

You are two today!

Dear Olivia,
This past year has flown by quicker than I could have possibly immagined. You have made huge, unthinkable steps to become the tiny person you are today. One year ago, you had just started walking and now you can ran, almost ride a scooter, jump on the bed, climb the stairs. And you did this all by yourself. I’ve learned a lot about you during this past year. You like doing things without help.  You are stubborn, but the good thing is that you discovered the satisfaction of succeeding when trying hard. You learned to feed yourself, to dress yourself, to make puzzles. And so many other things that skip my mind right now.
You know what you like and dislike, and you make it very clear to us!
This past year has been a joy to discover your cute voice and not just through your screams. You started with a few words, very few, and ended up with so many more we stopped counting them.
It has been such an honour to witness how amazing and loving and funny you are. You make me laugh hard and you are such a good company now it feels like all the hard work has been paid back already. There are still days which are hard, but nothing we can’t handle one way or another. And if sometimes I don’t do the right thing is because I’m also learning on the go here.
So forgive me if I act strange sometimes or differently than usual, I can see your puzzled face when it happens.
Dear baby girl, I can only wish you all the best I could possibly can.
Here to another fantastic year together.
Love you, mamma.

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday to olivia!!! i tried to write a message when i read the post but it didn't work :(
    i love her little face, she's so beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mirari Thank you so much! We are planning to have a proper party once we go back to Italy for the Christmas holidays. Hopefully this time she'll realise it is actually her birthday and she'll let us sing 'happy birthday' without complaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)
    (again to italy? lucky you!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...