April 04, 2014

Sketchbook #1 // blossoms

March has all been about blossoms! The trees are full of delicate flowers, whites, pinks and reds dominate over the greens of the new leaves and everything seems to be awakening from the long winter sleep. This is another of my favourite botanical subjects, but for this subject I went for a more illustrative technique using a black ink pen besides my watercolours.
My main source of inspiration has been this book, but I also enjoyed flicking through my many botanical art books. And that is one of the reasons why I'm very tempted to tackle a proper botanical painting of a branch of cherry blossoms or prune for my April's project, but not sure I will have enough time to get it done!
Looking forward to illustrate birds or butterflies this month (I still haven't made a decision), either way it will be a real challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so beautiful! I love the pattern of the cherry blossoms. You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...