March 10, 2011

Hedera Helix or Hibernica?

I finally finished this painting which I started back in November last year. I had to wait for few months until the berries were ripe, and that led to early February. I then decided to add a pencil drawing at the back. The decision was purely made to cover a mistake with the stalk, it was to stiff and I wanted to add an extra leaf, but didn't work out very well. So here it is, early March and it's finally done. I'm still not sure what type of ivy this is, both species look the same to me!

3 comments:

  1. I really like this - I love the pencil in the background. Funny how mistakes can lead to such beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! Unfortunately not all the mistakes have a positive turn, but it's always worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - sometimes mistakes are happy accidents to steer us into a different direction, this is a lovely effect

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...