May 22, 2014

Fruits of the Womb // catchup

I have been very lazy and tired over the past two weeks, not to mention busy, and my weekly blog's calendar has been thrown out the window. As I seem to have re-gained some much needed energy, I'm trying to get back on track with all the small projects I'm working on. The pregnancy is progressing well, and apart for the ups and downs and general discomfort, I think I'm coping like a champ so far!
This baby boy likes to move a lot, but seems to get quiet when I go to sleep at night...I'm seeing this as a sign that he will sleep through from the start? we'll see! Anyhow, this is how this baby is supposed to be growing (according to babycenter, although I still don't understand some of these fruit and veg comparisons!) and how my belly has changed over the past  four weeks.
28 weeks and this baby boy is about the size of a large aubergine. He weighs about 1kg, is almost 38cm long from head to heel, and can blink her eyes (which now sport lashes).
 
29 weeks and this baby boy is about the size of a butternut squash; he weighs about 1.1kg and is a tad over 38cm long from head to heel.
 
30 weeks and this baby boy is about the size of a large cabbage. He tips the scales this week at approximately 1.4kg and is 40cm long from head to heel.
31 weeks and this baby boy is about the size of a coconut. He now weighs about 1.5kg and measures more than 40.5cm from head to heel.
PS: Still arguing over the name for this one!!!

4 comments:

  1. So adorable! We haven't even officially started the naming process yet...someone is behind in the baby name book! And it is me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Krugthethinker my other half already has a name and he doesn't want to give it up. I just need to come up with a better one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's not easy to find a name that both parents like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mirari agree! especially if it's a boy...not many nice names available as for girls.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...