March 26, 2014

Spring in a jar

March's project has been all about bulbs and spring flowers. I love looking into gardens and parks, and roadside edges to spot little green leaves sprouting through the ground and colourful flowers peeping through. This time of the year is full of surprises if you know where to look and what to look for. I have been indecisive for a few days on how I would create a spring garden, and then it finally hit me. I have fallen in love with Jeninne Zlatkis's terrarium, and tried to recreate something similar.
Of course the results are not as pleasing as her illustration (nowhere near!), and I'm still thinking this painting is missing something, but so far I have not been able to figure it out. Maybe is the colour scheme or that red-ish frame (which I'm thinking of taking out). What do you think? Suggestions are very much welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Marina, these are so gorgeous I just about gasped when I saw them! Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Krugthethinker Thank you! It's still a love/hate relationship from my side :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...