October 17, 2013

Time

I keep making lists, afraid I will forget the millions of things that I want to do, the ideas that come to mind and that I physically don’t have the time to do straight away. I would need a day of at least 48 hours and enough energy to accomplish everything I want. Will I ever have enough spare time to play with ideas, try new things and just slow down? Probably not for the next foreseeable future. For what I know, I can only make the most of the very few hours a week when a spare moment just happens unexpectedly. And that, believe me, requires a lot of energy and concentration and determination. I always have to be prepared, spend no more than 5 minutes thinking about how much time I’m more likely to have and what’s the best way to use it.
As it stands, and if I’m lucky, my happy time consists of 3 lunch times a week, about 30 minutes each, 2 slots of about 2 hours over the weekend, during Olivia’s nap, and the evenings, when most of the time I’m too tired to do anything but watch TV or fall asleep on the couch. That would give me a maximum of 5.5 hours per week, excluding the evenings. Is this enough? I don’t think so. But that’s what’s available to me right now, and that’s what I have to work with. And it’s ok if my to-do list will keep growing and things will have to wait. I do get frustrated sometimes, but I’m managing my spare time to the best of my abilities and living hoping that this 5 hours per week will become 5 days per week one day.
Do you have enough time in your day to do your things? How are you managing your time? xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...